Smoked Salmon/Trout Dip
For those of you who spend the summer and fall stocking up on smoked fish, you may have decided that you want to try some new recipes with that tasty treat. Well, I think we've got something delicious lined up for you. Over the course of the summer, I've adapted a few smoked fish dip recipes into something truly exceptional.
- 1/2 - 1 lb smoked salmon or trout (all bones and skin removed)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of diced green onions or chives
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (Tapatio)
Here is how to prepare this wonderful dip.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Chop/shred the fish into small pieced and mix into the sour cream/cream cheese mixture.
- Mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
At this point, you are ready to serve! I like to eat them on Ritz crackers. Enjoy!